Mini Spider | Fillet Welding Tractor
The Mini Spider is a battery-powered welding tractor designed to produce continuous fillet welds using MIG/MAG torches. The torch can be easily swapped from one side of the Mini Spider to another, enabling the operator to weld the entire workpiece from end to end. The 4-wheel drive system and permanent magnetic base provide powerful traction and smooth travel, whereas the feedback loop ensures highly efficient speed stabilization.
A digital speed readout ensures the repeatability of the weld procedure and produces weld bead geometry that is exact to the required specifications, reducing costly over-welding and substantially decreasing filler metal usage.
CAS LiHD battery delivers enough power for handling even the toughest applications with no cables.
- The closed-loop speed control system stabilizes travel speed, enabling uniform heat input to produce consistently high-quality welds
- The compact and lightweight design facilitates welding in narrow spaces
- Convenient 18 V DC battery supply (the same battery for both Mini Spider and Gecko Battery)
- Digital LED display for presetting of travel speed and diagnostic messages
- Low-battery indicator
- Torch placement on either side
- Welding edge to edge (e.g. welding of stiffeners for bridge structures)